Enhanced CASA Montessori Curriculum
Children age 3-6 years are presented with an array of Montessori tools that focus on the five areas of the Montessori curriculum:
- Practical life activities instill care of the self, care of others and care for the environment.
- The Sensorial area is where children learn to identify and internalize abstract thoughts and concepts through exploration of senses such as touch, hearing, sight, taste and smell.
- Language development focuses on oral language skills, listening skills, writing and reading (phonics) with the goal of students being able to decode words and comprehend the meaning of text.
- In Math, the concrete Montessori tools help children to develop a solid understanding of mathematical concepts, prepare them for reasoning and help develop problem-solving capabilities. The child learns to add, subtract, multiply and divide and to see the numerical, geometrical and dimensional relationships within the decimal system.
- Cultural activities help students discover ideas and concepts in geography, history, botany, zoology and the sciences.
French, Music, Gym, Arts, & STEM Programs Included
Our Senior CASA (year 3) students also get to utilize our state-of-the-art STEM lab which would introduce them to the world of science exploration, coding, and robotics.
Individualized Learning Plan & Tracking
Quality Staff and Teachers
School Trips/ Guest Speakers
Before School Program
This is a supervised, play time for children in the before school program to settle in. Children are free to choose their own activities. Breakfast is served with organic milk for all our before school program students.
Teachers give presentations of Montessori materials in the 5 focused areas of Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics, and Culture (zoology, geography, history, botany, and science). Children are free to choose presented materials from the shelf based on interest and readiness.
Washroom Break & Snack
Arts & Craft + Circle Time
Children sing, read books, and create arts according to the theme of the week.
Physical Education (Friday)
Movement games, sports, yoga, & dance lessons are carried out in our indoor gymnasium.
Washroom Break + Lunch
Organic, natural hot meals are served.
The children will engage in different outdoor activities in our casa playground. If weather doesn’t permit for outdoor play, children will have physical play in our indoor gymnasium.
Rest Time, STEM Time (Year 3 Casa)
Classical music is played during rest time to help with relaxation. Those who don’t nap will be presented with quiet work activities. Year 3 Casa students will have the opportunity to work in the STEM lab on subjects such as coding and robotics.
Project + Circle Time
Children sing, read books, and create arts according to the theme of the week. Children in the CASA program will work on projects in small groups to develop team work and communication skills.
Washroom Break + Snack
French (Monday – Thursday)
Extended Hours Snack + Diaper
This is a supervised, snack time for children in the extended hours program. Children not enrolled in the Extended Hours Program are picked up by parents/guardians.
The children will engage in various outdoor activities in our casa playground. If weather doesn’t permit for outdoor play, children will have physical play in our indoor gymnasium.
Extended Hours Program + Dinner Service
This is a supervised, play time for children in the extended hours program. Children are free to choose their own activities. Optional Dinner is served at 5:30pm – 6:00pm
We'd Love to Hear From You!
Contact us for any questions regarding our school or to schedule your private tour.
1210 Castlemore Ave Unit 7